Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Last Call Number 03

I spent the day yesterday (Wednesday) doing a final run through of Southern Investigation-Tucson for my amazing proofreader.  I'll finish that this morning and get back to transcribing Last Call.  It's my intention to finish that this morning and start tweaking the copy this afternoon or evening.

It's amazing how much my style (which I suppose is another way of saying "me") has changed in the twenty plus years since I wrote these pages.

OK, it's time to get to it, but before I go I'll share the first two sentences of East of Eden - the final manifestation of Steinbeck's Journal of a Novel:

"The Salinas Valley is in Northern California.  It is a long narrow swale between two ranges of mountains, and the Salinas River winds and twists up the center until it falls at last into Monterrey Bay."

My first thought is, the labor of his journaling paid off.


[tweet https://twitter.com/BertCarson/status/236696641640493056 align='left' width='350']

No comments:

Post a Comment